Smoke Detector Failed, Burned Couple Says

EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (CN) – A Cook County couple say they were severely burned after a BRK Brands smoke detector failed to work. In their complaint in Madison County Circuit Court, the husband says he suffered severe burns, smoke inhalation, kidney failure, psychological damages, loss of limbs and loss of the of use of his hands.




     Mahesh and Rupali Fuldeore say the smoke detector failed to sound during an Oct. 29, 2008 fire in their apartment.
     Rupali Fuldeore says she suffered cuts, smoke inhalation and psychological damages.
     They seeking damages for injuries and loss of consortium and are represented by James Leritz with Leritz, Plunkert & Bruning of St. Louis.

%d bloggers like this: