Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Courthouse News Service
Wednesday, September 27, 2023 | Back issues
Courthouse News Service Courthouse News Service

KFC Blames Box Supplier for Fires

LOUISVILLE (CN) - KFC says a box supplier "made an unsafe change in the ink used to print the graphics" on boxes it supplied for Popcorn Chicken, which caused the boxes to "burst into flames when the Popcorn Chicken was being reheated in a microwave oven." But KFC says Paris Packaging, of Paris, Texas, "refused to take responsibility for recalling the unsafe Containers or for refunding the purchase price."

KFC says the alarming microwave fires were caused by too much carbon in the ink, and that its customers have complained about it. It seeks unspecified damages, and costs. It is represented in Federal Court by Patrick Michael with Woodward, Hobson & Fulton.

Categories / Uncategorized

Read the Top 8

Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.

Loading...