SEATTLE (CN) - Just in time for spring. A woman claims her house burned and her pets died in a fire caused by Carpinito Brothers "North County Potting Soil" and/or "Premium Quality Enriched Potting Soil." She says "there is very little 'soil'" in the products, which her husband used, he thought, to put out a cigarette in a planter on their porch.
Margaret Gonty says a reasonable person could not be expected to think a fire could be caused by potting soil. She is represented in King County Court by Lawrence Kahn of Bellevue.
Read the Top 8
Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.