Court Asked to Seize Clinton Thumb Drive


     WASHINGTON (CN) – A Washington-based lawyer petitioned a federal judge on Wednesday to seize Hillary Clinton’s thumb drive, which he says contains classified emails.
     The motion is part of a larger suit Larry Klayman brought against Clinton early last month that claims she used her private email server to hide contributions her foundation received from companies and countries seeking special treatment while she served as Secretary of State.
     Klayman seeks to take the drive from Clinton’s lawyer, David Kendell, to prevent Clinton from deleting any emails that would help prove his claim, according to the motion filed in the Miami Federal Court.
     Klayman says the thumb drive contains proof Clinton sold information regarding a alleged planned U.S.-Israeli cyberattack on an Iranian nuclear facility, among other evidence of the conspiracy Clinton ran with her husband, former President Bill Clinton, and members of her inner circle.
     “The Court has a responsibility to preserve evidence and must do so to avoid its destruction,” Klayman wrote in the motion.
     Clinton’s defense team has filed motions to dismiss the suit on grounds of failure to state a claim and lack of jurisdiction.
     The FBI and Department of Justice are investigating Clinton’s use of private email, according to multiple media reports and Clinton has acknowledged she used a private email to avoid having to carry two phones, according to the Washington Post.
     Clinton’s use of a private email came to light in 2014 during the investigation of the 2012 attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, Libya that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens.
     Klayman founded the Washington-based conservative watchdog groups Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch, and unsuccessfully ran for Senate in Florida in 2004, according to a biography on his website.
     Neither Klayman nor Kendall responded to requests by Courthouse News for comment.

%d bloggers like this: