LOS ANGELES (CN) – Bill Cosby must answer questions under oath regarding allegations from a woman who says the comedian sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion when she was a teenager.
The order, entered by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Craig Karlan on Tuesday, requires Cosby to submit to questions from the attorney of his accuser, Judy Huth, on October 9; She will then answer questions from his attorneys on October 15.
Huth is represented by Gloria Allred, who has said she expects to depose Cosby at his home in Massachusetts.
Hutt sued Cosby last year, accusing him of plying her with alcohol and molesting her when she was 15, shortly after they met at a 1974 film shoot in San Marino, California.
Los Angeles County prosecutors declined to press criminal charges against Cosby on the 41-year-old claims, finding them barred under the statute of limitations.
Cosby’s lawyers assert that Huth’s civil claims are similarly untimely.
She seeks compensatory and punitive damages for sexual battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and negligent infliction of emotional distress.
In July, the California Supreme Court denied Cosby’s petition to review Huth’s case on the basis of alleged procedural flaws in the lawsuit filed by attorney Marc Strecker.
“We are pleased that we will now be able to move ahead without further delay on Ms. Huth’s case and we look forward to taking Mr. Cosby’s deposition,” Allred said in a statement.
Cosby’s lawyer Martin Singer is on vacation out of state and could not immediately be reached for comment.
More than 40 women have come forward with sexual assault allegations against Cosby.
- Robot’s Death in Philly Aggravates Residents
- NJ’s Forced Medication Policy Upheld on Appeal