LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (CN) - An apartment manager who set off in a closed refrigerator an odor remover that's designed to be used in a 10,000-cubic-foot room blew a woman off a couch in a neighboring apartment, the woman claims in court.
Cherika Holley sued Lindsey Management Co. in Pulaski County Court.
Holley says she was lying on her couch, watching TV and dozing, when she "heard a hissing noise coming from outside of the apartment".
"After a few seconds, a powerful blast in the adjoining apartment caused Ms. Williams [sic] to be thrown to the floor," the complaint states.
(The complaint does not say who "Ms. Williams" is. It appears to be a mistake, for Holley.)
The complaint continues: "Subsequent investigation revealed that the manager of the apartment complex, defendant John Doe, had placed an aerosol odor removal product (Fire D One Shot 5 oz.) that was designed to be used in an open space of up to 10,000 cubic feet, in a closed refrigerator."
Holley claims she suffered hearing loss and post-traumatic stress disorder from the explosion.
She seeks punitive damages for negligence.
She is represented by Tim Isaac.Follow @@eidelagarza
Read the Top 8
Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.