Widower Says Hair Dye|Killed his Wife

     LAS VEGAS (CN) – A mother of two died because a beauty salon used ammonia in her hair dye, though she told them she was allergic to it, her husband and children claim in court.
     Aurora Figueroa Lumen died in September 2012, seven weeks after telling the Seoul Beauty Salon in Las Vegas not to use anything with ammonia in it because she is allergic to it, her husband and children claim in Clark County Court.
     Mario Lumen claims that “in spite of being on notice of the allergy to ammonia, defendants applied a chemical containing ammonia to Aurora Figueroa’s hair and scalp, causing her to sustain severe and permanent injuries and death.”
     She visited the salon on Aug. 3, 2012, and after receiving “extensive medical treatment,” she died on Sept. 23, 2012, her husband says.
     He claims the staff ignored his wife’s warning, “willfully, negligently, intentionally, recklessly and with a conscious disregard” for her safety.
     The family seeks damages for wrongful death, loss of consortium, and Aurora’s pain and suffering.
     They are represented by Nathan Deaver, with Deaver & Crafton.

%d bloggers like this: