LAS VEGAS (CN) - The Clark County Health District concealed the presence of deadly mold at one of its offices, and it killed one man and made other people sick, the widow and three others claim in Clark County Court. The widow says the infestation was so bad she had to move out of her home because it was cross-contaminated by the toxic mold.
Wendy Pauluk says her husband, Dan, died July 17, 2007 of "mold poisoning" after working at the building for an unspecified time. Plaintiffs Dean Zachrison, Laurie Boswell and Robert Boswell say they got sick after working there.
Health district officials Glenn Savage, Edward Woicik and Jerry Boyd "denied that a toxic mold problem existed," the lawsuit states. But the widow says the men had "knowledge of substantial moisture problems whenever it rained from the many leaks caught by buckets, and the many clean-up attempts post-rain."
Plaintiffs are represented by Robert Eglet with Mainor Eglet.
Read the Top 8
Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.