Suspected LAX Shooter Released From Hospital

     LOS ANGELES (CN) – The suspect behind the fatal shooting at Los Angeles International Airport was released from the hospital into federal custody, prosecutors said Tuesday.
     Paul Ciancia, 23, of Los Angeles, is now in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service, a spokesman for the federal prosecutor in Los Angeles said.
     The office has otherwise declined to release any details about Ciancia’s custody status or location at this time.
     It noted that no court appearance has yet been scheduled.
     Ciancia is charged with murder of a federal officer and commission of violence in an international airport.
     The New Jersey native had been a recent transplant to Los Angeles when he allegedly opened fire at LAX on Nov. 1, killing 39-year-old Transportation Security Administration officer Gerardo Hernandez.
     Two other TSA agents were among those wounded with Ciancia’s assault rifle before officers took him down, according to media reports.
     Ciancia had been hospitalized at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center with bullet wounds to his chest, face and neck since the attack.

%d bloggers like this: