Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Courthouse News Service
Wednesday, September 27, 2023 | Back issues
Courthouse News Service Courthouse News Service

Strip Club Blamed For Teen’s Death

DETROIT (CN) - The Atlantis Lounge, a strip club, told an underage high school girl to use a fake ID to get a job as a stripper, got her drunk at work, and she died from an overdose of cocaine she got from customers, the girl's parents say.

The parents also sue Nagy Mackhail, owner of the strip club in Lincoln Park, Mich. They say the club instructed their daughter to apply with a fake ID, encourages its underage dancers to drink alcohol, and that the manager deals drugs from the club.

They say their daughter died of an overdose of cocaine and ecstasy after customers took her and another young girl to a hotel room to make a lesbian porn film.

They are represented by Jennifer Salvatore of Ann Arbor.

Categories / Uncategorized

Read the Top 8

Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.