Shocked by Urinal in a Wal-Mart

     LITTLE ROCK (CN) – A Wal-Mart urinal sent a powerful electrical shock to “particularly sensitive parts” of a man’s body as he used it “in the manner for which it was intended,” the shocked customer claims in court.
     Robert J. White claims the “extreme electrical shock” gave him post-traumatic stress disorder and permanent disabilities.
     He sued Wal-Mart Inc. for $1 million on Tuesday in Pulaski County Court.
     White says that on July 13, 2012, he “was using the urinal for the purpose and in the manner for which it was intended to be used” when “without warning plaintiff’s urine stream came into contact with exposed electrical wires located behind and wrapped around the handle of the urinal.”
     He says the electric jolt gave him physical and mental injuries, including “brain, ocular, aural, and neurological damage, post-traumatic stress disorder; permanent disability; emotional distress; and severe pain and suffering.”
     He claims Walmart was careless and should have known the defective condition of the electrical wiring in its Little Rock store.
     Wal-Mart did not return a request for comment Thursday.
     White seeks $1 million and punitive damages for failure to warn, pain and suffering, lost income and medical expenses.
     He is represented by Cheryl Maples of Heber Springs, Ark.

%d bloggers like this: