BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Romanian prosecutors say they are investigating a 20-year-old man who injured 10 people with a knife and car for alleged acts of terrorism.
Directorate for the Investigation of Organized Crime and Terrorism spokeswoman Mihaela Porime told The Associated Press on Wednesday about the revised charges prosecutors are considering for Marius Parfenie.
Parfenie previously was under investigation for attempted murder.
He is accused of stabbing another man and then driving a car into people on a road and at a shopping mall on Sunday.
Parfenie was stopped after he allegedly rammed the doors of the mall in the city of Braila. Video from the scene purported to show him saying: “Blood should run in this country.”
Braila court spokeswoman Georgiana Streche told the AP prosecutors found notes that suggest Parfenie planned the attack.