NORFOLK, Va. (CN) – A U.S. Marine in Fallujah says he suffered permanent nerve damage when Kellogg, Brown & Root electricians ignored instructions and powered up the camp’s generator as he worked on a wiring box. Peter Taylor, a hospital corpsman, says KBR’s generator was frequently broken, so the Marines had to assemble a back-up generator.
Taylor says he suffered permanent nerve damage and scarring in the July 2007 accident. He seeks $2.5 million in damages for negligence. He is represented by Stephen Swain with Shuttleworth & Ruloff of Virginia Beach.