WASHINGTON (CN) - Reebok International has agreed to pay $1 million for bringing toy bracelets containing unsafe levels of lead into the country.
After Reebok gave bracelets away with certain children's shoes, a four year old died, allegedly of lead poisoning, after reportedly swallowing the bracelet's heart charm. When the bracelets were tested "toxic" levels of lead were found in some components according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The fine goes to the Treasury Department. Click here for details and other new notices and regulations.
Read the Top 8
Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.