MANHATTAN (CN) - A federal jury convicted a man from India of five counts of providing support to Hezbollah, a designated foreign terrorist organization, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.
Patrick Nayyar, 48, who had been living illegally in the United States for five years, faces up to 75 years in federal prison at his Sept. 12 sentencing.
Indicted with him was Conrad Stanisclaus Mulholland, 45, who remains at large, prosecutors said.
"Between July 2009 and September 2009, Nayyar and his co-conspirator, Conrad Stanisclaus Mulholland, agreed to provide weapons, ammunition, and vehicles to Hizballah, a U.S. designated foreign terrorist organization based in Lebanon," the U.S Attorney's Office said in its statement. "During a series of meetings with a confidential informant working with the FBI, who represented himself as able to deliver materials to Hizballah, Nayyar and Mulholland agreed to sell guns, ammunition, vehicles, bulletproof vests, and night vision goggles to the confidential informant. During these meetings, Nayyar and Mulholland provided the confidential informant with a handgun, a box of ammunition, and a pick-up truck, believing that he would deliver the items to Hizballah in Lebanon."
Prosecutors said in the statement that Mulholland is not a U.S. citizen, lives abroad, and left the United States before charges were filed.
Read the Top 8
Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.