Fatal Fire Blamed on Hospital Bed

CLAYTON, Mo. (CN) – A man was burned to death when his in-home hospital bed caught fire, his family says in St. Louis County Court.

     Donald Little leased the bed from Medical West Respiratory Services for home use. The bed caught fire on March 30, 2008 and Little died from burns and inhalation injuries.
     Diane Little claims Medical West knew of the bed’s defects but failed to warn consumers of the fire risk. She seeks punitive damages and is represented by William Dowd of St. Louis.

%d bloggers like this: