Couple Say Amazon Parrot Made Them Sick

     EL CAJON, CALIF. (CN) – A man and woman say they were hospitalized with pneumonia they got from a psittacosis-infected Amazon parrot they bought from a San Diego bird store.




     The couple claims they bought the infected bird from Birdland San Diego in March 2007. They say the bird died of the disease.
     Pisttacosis, also known as parrot fever, is believed to have killed two people and infected a few dozen in 1930.
     Gregorio Flores and Patricia Robins are represented in Superior Court by Howard Kitay.

%d bloggers like this: