Updates to our Terms of Use

We are updating our Terms of Use. Please carefully review the updated Terms before proceeding to our website.

Saturday, May 18, 2024 | Back issues
Courthouse News Service Courthouse News Service

Charcoal Fumes Killed Chef, Widow Says

CHICAG0 (CN) - A veteran chef at The Weber Grill restaurant died from multiple myeloma caused by long-term exposure to benzene from Kingsford charcoal briquettes, his wife claims in Cook County Court. Rochelle Beets demands damages from The Clorox Co., Royal Oaks Enterprises and Royal Oak Charcoal, and says her husband's doctor attributed his cancer to benzene inhalation. See complaint.

Categories / Uncategorized

Subscribe to Closing Arguments

Sign up for new weekly newsletter Closing Arguments to get the latest about ongoing trials, major litigation and hot cases and rulings in courthouses around the U.S. and the world.

Loading...