Sunday, August 7, 2022 | Back issues
Courthouse News Service Courthouse News Service

Boy’s Death Attributed to Amoeba at Beach

KINGMAN, Ariz. (CN) - A family claims their 14-year-old son died after swimming at Lake Havasu State Park because no signs were posted that the beach was infested with Naegleria fowleri, an amoeba that lives in warm water. They sued Lake Havasu City and Mohave County for the September 2007 incident, in Mohave County Court.

Read the Top 8

Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.

Loading
Loading...