Updates to our Terms of Use

We are updating our Terms of Use. Please carefully review the updated Terms before proceeding to our website.

Sunday, May 19, 2024 | Back issues
Courthouse News Service Courthouse News Service

Bar Patron on Fire

An Illinois appeals court ruled against a patron who sued a bar after he was injured when a wall heater caught his shirt on fire. A sign attached to the heater warned people not to get too close to it and the patron was intoxicated when he was injured.

PEKIN, Ill. – An Illinois appeals court ruled against a patron who sued a bar after he was injured when a wall heater caught his shirt on fire. A sign attached to the heater warned people not to get too close to it and the patron was intoxicated when he was injured.

Categories / Appeals, Personal Injury

Subscribe to Closing Arguments

Sign up for new weekly newsletter Closing Arguments to get the latest about ongoing trials, major litigation and hot cases and rulings in courthouses around the U.S. and the world.

Loading...