Updates to our Terms of Use

We are updating our Terms of Use. Please carefully review the updated Terms before proceeding to our website.

Monday, June 17, 2024 | Back issues
Courthouse News Service Courthouse News Service

Baby Died From Meatball, Parents Say

HOUSTON (CN) - Parents say their 17-month-old son died from choking on a SpaghettiO's meatball because Campbell Soup Co. failed to warn them about the dangers of feeding it to children.

"The evidence will show the defendants have product sales in the billions, yet refused to spend cents to warn consumers of the child choking risk associated with SpaghettiOs," Angellia and Gary Dozier claim in Harris County Court.

Marquez Dozier's airway was obstructed by the meatball and he choked and lost consciousness, his parents say. They also sued the Grocers Supply Co. and Fiesta Mart. Represented by Kevin Kelley of Dallas, the Doziers seek punitive damages.

Follow @cam_langford
Categories / Uncategorized

Subscribe to Closing Arguments

Sign up for new weekly newsletter Closing Arguments to get the latest about ongoing trials, major litigation and hot cases and rulings in courthouses around the U.S. and the world.

Loading...