(CN) - Actress Ashley Greene has been sued by neighbors who say she negligently started a fire in her West Hollywood apartment, resulting in property damage and the death of her dog, Marlo.
Greene's landlord, four neighbors and a doorman claim the "Twilight" actress and "two unknown male houseguests" became "dreadfully distracted" and either left an open flame unattended or started a fire on March 23 in the historic Granville Towers condominiums.
The doorman, Adrian Mayorga, was able to get all the residents and guest out in time, but he "was not so lucky," according to the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court.
"He suffered exhaustion, dehydration and smoke inhalation" and was immediately taken to the hospital, the lawsuit states.
Greene's fox terrier, Marlo, died in the fire.
The owners of three neighboring condos say their units were damaged by fire, water, smoke or soot, "resulting in the manifestation of mold, inconvenience, property damage and a violation of their property rights."
Shari Sveningson, a plaintiff who leased her condo to Greene, says she suffered "substantial financial and emotional damage" as a result of the blaze.
Greene and her pals allegedly "acted with an utter conscious disregard of even scant care toward the safety of those around them."
The plaintiffs seek unspecified actual and punitive damages for gross negligence, negligence and trespass, nuisance, breach of contract and negligent infliction of emotional distress.
They are represented by Keith Davidson in Beverly Hills.
Granville Towers is "one of the most spectacular buildings in West Hollywood," according to the lawsuit, and has hosted a number of celebrity residents over the years, including the late Marilyn Monroe.
Read the Top 8
Sign up for the Top 8, a roundup of the day's top stories delivered directly to your inbox Monday through Friday.