Trump Rape Accuser Dismisses New York Case

     MANHATTAN (CN) — The woman accusing Donald Trump in a Jane Doe lawsuit of having raped her when she was 13 years old voluntarily dismissed her lawsuit Friday for what appears to be third time.
     The dismissal comes with less than a week to go before voters cast their ballots in the presidential election pitting Trump for the Republicans against Hillary Clinton for the Democrats.
     Doe filed this federal complaint in New York for the first time on June 20. She withdrew the suit on Sept. 16, however, only to refile with another witness, an additional defamation count, and a new attorney who once represented Casey Anthony, the Florida woman famously acquitted of killing her daughter.
     Though set to appear in her first press conference Wednesday, attorney Lisa Bloom explained that they canceled the event at the last minute because Doe had received threats.
     “She is living in fear,” Bloom told reporters then, referring to Jane Doe. “She has decided that she’s too afraid to show her face. She’s been here all day ready to do it but unfortunately, she’s in terrible fear. So we’re going to have to reschedule.”
     Late Friday afternoon, Doe’s old attorneys — New Jersey patent lawyer Thomas Meager and the Florida based Cheney Mason, a co-counsel on Anthony’s high-profile defense team — filed a motion dismissing the New York lawsuit without explanation.
     Neither the attorneys nor the Trump campaign responded to email requests for comment.
     Bloom, Doe’s new legal muscle, is the daughter of women’s rights lawyer Gloria Allred, and her assistant did not immediately return an email inquiry.
     Vehemently denying the allegations, the Trump Organization’s Alan Garten previously told Courthouse News that the charges were “are completely frivolous and appear to be politically motivated.”
     Doe remains anonymous but did reveal that she previously sued Trump in California.
     The details correspond to a federal complaint filed pro se this past April in Los Angeles by a plaintiff named Katie Johnson.
     A magistrate judge reportedly tossed that case in May, one month before Doe’s New York suit appeared.
     Doe’s New York complaint accused the presidential nominee and disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein taking turns in a “savage sexual attack” against her at an Upper East Side mansion in 1994.
     The lavish parties that Epstein, a convicted pedophile, threw on his private jet and mansions have ensnared multiple notable figures. The sordid and unproven accusations have swept up Harvard attorney Alan Dershowitz and Britain’s Prince Andrew, among others.
     According to a British newspaper, the latest case tied to Epstein may have a wrinkle involving Jerry Springer, the former king of tabloid talk on daytime television.
     The Guardian reported that a former Springer producer appeared to have coordinated Doe’s lawsuit, and that a publicist tried to sell a video of Doe describing her allegations to media outlets for $1 million.